Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick / Clare wedding venue

Options
  • 21-07-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I'm getting married in 2016 and am looking to book a venue my be around limerick or clare. The ceremony will be in gort so I don't anywhere too far away from there, 1hr max drive from the church. I'd love to get some advice from people :)
    I have looked in to going to the armada or castletroy hotel but would love to get some other ideas for venues :)
    Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

The Falls Hotel in Ennistymon is a pretty cool location, only about 45 mins from Gort. The Inn at Dromoland is nice too, an even shorter trip down the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

was at one in Cassidy's Pub in Carron, Co. Clare two years back, not your usual hotel/event place but was certainly different, food was very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Fionn wrote: »
    was at one in Cassidy's Pub in Carron, Co. Clare two years back, not your usual hotel/event place but was certainly different, food was very good too.

Another vote for Cassidy's, great for a less formal reception and lots of Burren photo ops in the vicinity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

have you considered the Old Ground Hotel in Ennis?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

I have :) I had my 21st birthday there :P

I have been looking at the Woodlands House hotel recently. Has anyone been there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Been to three weddings there,(woodlands )all different sizes from 70 guests at one to over 200 at another. According to the couples involved the management couldn't have done more for them.
    Castleoaks hotel in limerick also a lovely venue.

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Been to three weddings there,all different sizes from 70 guests at one to over 200 at another. According to the couples involved the management couldn't have done more for them.
    Castleoaks hotel in limerick also a lovely venue.

Oh that's good to hear! I have been talking to one of the managers of the hotel and he has been lovely and a huge help to me so far, but I was just thinking he was like that to everyone ! What was to food like at the weddings that you went to? Castleoaks definitely another venue I'm looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

martinak89 wrote: »
    Oh that's good to hear! I have been talking to one of the managers of the hotel and he has been lovely and a huge help to me so far, but I was just thinking he was like that to everyone ! What was to food like at the weddings that you went to? Castleoaks definitely another venue I'm looking at.

Sorry didn't see your question til now.
    The food was lovely, I think I had beef last time,but I was bridesmaid and it was a busy day so can't remember all the details. I do remember that even though it was a huge wedding ,the service was really good and there were no long waits for the guests. I do remember the breakfast next morning in the restaurant attached to the hotel,,,best breakfast ever.
    Castleoaks is a little more formal, fab staircase for photographs. Its a long time since I was there but remember thinking it was a lovely place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Best wedding I was ever at was in the Armada! Great location, the reception room is AMAZING with a huge window overlooking the sea and the food is absolutely to die for :) The only problem is that the location is so remote that you probably won't have many evening guests willing to travel for it.

I have also been to a wedding in the Castletroy Park, it was lovely but to be honest, the Armada really has the wow factor. My cousin is getting married next year and when she went to look at the Castleoaks, she found it really grubby and scruffy looking. She said the same about the Inn at Dromoland (previously the Clare Inn). The Greenhills in Limerick might be a good option for you, it's just off the motorway and even though you'd never normally think of it for a wedding, it's really nice and they offer a good package.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Bunratty Castle Hotel has improved loads in the last couple of years. They have completely redecorated the function room for weddings and its beautiful. I had my wedding there earlier this year and I was delighted with the day.. They are offering some good packages also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Me and the wife had our reception in The Falls, had a great time. They filmed a bit of my lovely horse there which sold it to me ;)

Bunratty Castle Hotel has improved loads in the last couple of years. They have completely redecorated the function room for weddings and its beautiful. I had my wedding there earlier this year and I was delighted with the day.. They are offering some good packages also.

I really like the idea of Bunratty but unfortunately my fiancé doesn't like it! He's a tour guide you see and doesn't like the idea of having it in an area where there will be tourists.......

Best wedding I was ever at was in the Armada! Great location, the reception room is AMAZING with a huge window overlooking the sea and the food is absolutely to die for :) The only problem is that the location is so remote that you probably won't have many evening guests willing to travel for it.

I have also been to a wedding in the Castletroy Park, it was lovely but to be honest, the Armada really has the wow factor. My cousin is getting married next year and when she went to look at the Castleoaks, she found it really grubby and scruffy looking. She said the same about the Inn at Dromoland (previously the Clare Inn). The Greenhills in Limerick might be a good option for you, it's just off the motorway and even though you'd never normally think of it for a wedding, it's really nice and they offer a good package.

I'm looking into the Armada :) Was there last year for a look around and was totally blown away by how beautiful it was! It's about an hour drive from Gort so it is driveable just not the greatest road in the world! I went to the Inn at Dromoland to a wedding fair and I'm glad you said your cousin didn't like it because I wasn't very impressed at all! Thank you for your input!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭OrangeVarnish

If you are looking for a city based hotel i do like the strand:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I had my own in the Woodlands in Adare last year and it was fantastic great management and lovely staff, it is probably right on the max radius of your travel distance though, but it is motorway almost to the door from Gort . The Falls in Ennistymon and Armada are both very good as well have been to 2-3 weddings in each and have always found them well run. Heard some good things about Hotel Doolin as well but haven't been at anything there myself and I believe it is on the smaller end of the scale numbers wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Hotel doolin is owned by the same people as the armada. I've never been to a wedding there but I've stayed there 5 or 6 times and the hotel is lovely :) Doolin does tend to be full of tourists too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

hi i'm from west clare and have been to armada, falls, queens, auburn lodge, west county, and the inn at dromoland. and a few in other counties, by far the best wedding receptions ive been at are, armada great food and weather doesent matter every day has its beauty bar its a force 9 storm, falls really nice by the river easy to get to and very nice food also, but the inn at dromoland really sold it to me ok you didnt have the beauty of west clare but it was really a great wedding venue and ennis is only up the road for accom if people are travelling a long way, hope this helps ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I'm getting married in May at the Strand in Limerick. Happy with things so far and location wise it's great for people travelling and right on the river.

We also viewed Ballykisteen House on the Limerick/Tipp border which was good but the room is a bit big for our party (100 ish). I'd strongly recommend the wishful wedding package there.

Finally we viewed the Bunratty Castle Hotel, the room is great but the availability is poor. No Saturdays from April-Oct next summer.

Thanks all! Been a huge help and defo helping me add some hotels I never thought about to the viewing list :)

Advertisement