Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8.1 occaisionally not waking up from sleep properly

Options
  • 21-07-2014 4:14pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A bit of a strange one lads, but I thought I would ask. I have a Windows 8.1 Asus ME400c tablet (Atom x86 powered), which occaisionally has an issue waking up. What happens is, I lock the device and leave it for a time, it could be 10 minutes or 3 days, and when I go to unlock the device I hit the unlock button the screen turns on but the tablet does not respond to any touch input whatsoever. Meaning that I essentially have to power cycle the device.

Now there is nothing of note really jumping out at my from the Windows Application/System logs in the timeframe that this happens, there is somethign related to a windows update service falling over, but I was just curious to see if anyone else has had this issue (or similar)?

I should note that I can lock/unlock the device successfully 80% of the time or so, so it's not easily repeatable. This could point to that Windows update service causing the device to partially fall over, but as yet I'm uncertain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've noticed similar problems on the Surface RT in the past but I havent used the tablets much this year because of lifestyle shift.

The strangest problem I've dealt with lately is my PC would regularly wake from sleep in the middle of the night. powercfg -lastwake tracked the problem down to a maintenance setting issue, which I fixed with some other cmd string but I can't remember which, it was a googled solution.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Overheal wrote: »
    I've noticed similar problems on the Surface RT in the past but I havent used the tablets much this year because of lifestyle shift.

The strangest problem I've dealt with lately is my PC would regularly wake from sleep in the middle of the night. powercfg -lastwake tracked the problem down to a maintenance setting issue, which I fixed with some other cmd string but I can't remember which, it was a googled solution.

Interesting...as that's another problem I've been having, random waking which wastes battery. Which I did track down using a similar method, but didn't have any success in repairing that fault. But I'll have a google around for that cmd string to see if I can fix both in one!

Cheers Overheal.

Advertisement