Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Address & It's Affect

Options
  • 21-07-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was wondering if you could all help me with a question I have.

I am currently living with my mother in the Crumlin/Drimnagh area, however I work long hours in a company over this side of the city in the Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown district. Due to work commitments a friend lets me stay in her spare room for 1-2 nights a week because I cannot afford rental accommodation in this area.

My friend is an elderly lady who is a friend of my families, she is currently on an invalidity payment, her husband works full time and her son receives a Back to Education payment for college.

She has offered to let me move permanently into her spare room and use her address for my daily dealings, bank, work, etc. As once I move out my mother will no longer let me use her address for these things.

However I need to ascertain if my moving to this address would affect her or her sons payments, medical card, etc.. I won't be paying rent but will pay for my own food, etc. So she won't be making an income from me. I am happy to move there on a permanent basis and move my bank account, voting register and what not to this address

I also have a medical card as I earn below the threshold and wonder if this will be affected also should I move to this address?

I understand this is a complicated issues but any advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement