Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWEs poor taste surrounding current events *PPV SPOILER*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »

Usual drivel from the Daily Fail, dumbed down paper for idiots! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭savemejebus

It's not just the Daily Mail though, the Washington Post caught it too and there will probably be more.

Personally I think there is no real defence for WWE going ahead and referencing it, they could have just left it alone and Rusev's heat in Tampa would have been the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,421 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince will love the publicity!

When and if it get's to much all that will happen is the WWE will come out and say Lana (real name C.J. Perry) went off script! Press release

We wish C.J. Perry well in her future endeavours will follow after that.

Also if a wreslter goes on NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CCN News to defend or explain will mention at least 5 times per interview you can watch the WWE Network for only $9.99 a month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

To be honest, it's very poor form by the wwe. I'm no fan of the daily mail, but I do agree on this instance with the general tone what they are saying.

Its the definition of lazy, cheap heat and its a tragedy on the scale of 9/11. And we all know how dubya e feel about that, they remind us virtually every year, not to mention the cringey "we have nullified bin laden" or whatever it was that cena said a while back.

If it had been an American plane shot down, or bad been full of Americans, they would have had weeks of mourning on raw and senile Vince out patrolling, tolling the bells.

But its not, so who cares according to wwe writers. Well take the piss out of it for some mid carder to get cheap heat, and even though it only happens a few days ago and some of the deceased haven't even been laid to rest properly yet.

As someone with a Dutch girlfriend, I really don't like that they referenced I so early at least and am glad I don't watched and support the WWE product for many months. She was definitely not impressed also when I showed her that article and I don't blame her.

WWE's a global product for the fans though right?...

Tinie wrote: »
    To be honest, it's very poor form by the wwe. I'm no fan of the daily mail, but I do agree on this instance with the general tone what they are saying.

Its the definition of lazy, cheap heat and its a tragedy on the scale of 9/11. And we all know how dubya e feel about that, they remind us virtually every year, not to mention the cringey "we have nullified bin laden" or whatever it was that cena said a while back.

If it had been an American plane shot down, or bad been full of Americans, they would have had weeks of mourning on raw and senile Vince out patrolling, tolling the bells.

But its not, so who cares according to wwe writers. Well take the piss out of it for some mid carder to get cheap heat, and even though it only happens a few days ago and some of the deceased haven't even been laid to rest properly yet.

As someone with a Dutch girlfriend,
    I really don't like that and am glad I don't watch and support the WWE product anymore. She was definitely not impressed also when I showed her that article and I don't blame her.

WWE's a global product for the fans though right?...

I was wondering where you were going with your post. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They kinda danced around directly mentioning the crash with just broadly mentioning "current events". They knew what they were doing but context is always important, even if it means little here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Vince gonna vince

And if push comes to shove, id say she will get the sack, not the writer.

The whole Angle has Vince all over it. Id say nothing will happen except Rusev being pushed harder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Seeing how Vince was the main guy behind Slaughter's run as an 'Iraqui sympathiser' in 1991, it's pretty clear who's brilliant idea this was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Split for the news thread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gimmick wrote: »
    Split for the news thread.

You may need to add a spoilers tag to the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Swagger wins at Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 60,421 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hulk Hogan red and yellow comes back to save the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not at all. It's all about the Lex Express to save this situation.

gimmick wrote: »
    Not at all. It's all about the Lex Express to save this situation.

Hello....Kurt Angle will be back shortly to solve this Rusev problem :pac:

ebmh1kbqa7dmygymt5yj.gif

WWE's troll-tastic statement:
    "Last night's segment during WWE's Battleground event was in no way referring to the Malaysia Airlines tragedy. The storyline with characters Rusev and Lana has been a part of WWE programming for more than 3 months. WWE apologizes to anyone who misunderstood last night's segment and was offended."

Jon Steward did a segment about it:

b6xdnb.jpg

1z18x1z.jpg

n6f036.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

there has GOT to be a video of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

there has GOT to be a video of that!

There is indeed, admittedly it is only a few minutes, pretty funny though.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/video-playlists/bmchnh/the-daily-show-19131-highlights/u1gh7p

• Advertisement
Advertisement