Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

music

Options
  • 21-07-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

any good music anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Yes.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What's your opinion, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

mkearn15 wrote: »
    any good music anymore?

Sorry, it's all sold out.

Here you go OP. They don't make 'em like they used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

The only music I really really like from this century that I really like is
    (I) Bon Iver
    (II) Fleet Foxes
    (III) The 'Call Me Maybe' song that has 900 million hits on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

any good music anymore?

"Good" is in the ear of the beholder !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭blackbullet

I dont like music these days i prefare all older stuff like 70s,80s ive a huge fan of jean michel jarre and queen for years i also think theres to many tallent shows on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What genres are you into? Do you like singer-songwriter type artists, dancers, bands? These are the questions you should ask yourself.

Find out what is your forte, read online about it, learn what up and coming bands are making a name for themselves, it doesn't have to be in Hot Press, there are lots of underground music that hasn't broke the mainstream, some prefer not to, but there's much variety out there, you just need to search it out!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

any good music anymore?
    Yep, many good musics.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mkearn15

We are saturated with too many manufactured pop influences now.

• Advertisement

No we're not. They're not compulsory. Listen to what you like.

yes that's true, but i am just saying that we hardly see a new band or alternative , indi etc group getting to number one in the singles charts.

What do the charts have to do ith anything though?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

No we're not.

Only if you allow yourself to be. ;)

yes

I don't know how old you are OP. I'm 40. When I was at an age when I might have come out with the 'music today is cr4p' thing, I had to save for a couple of weeks to take a chance on an album based on the cover art. There were 4 TV channels, and SFA music radio. Maybe one or two shows a week. And MTUSA on Sunday mornings.

Practically every single piece of music, in the history of recorded music, is available to you at the click of a mouse. Good music is good music, depending on what you like. It hasn't gone away, and it's still being recorded.

Quit complaining about the 'bad' stuff. Spend your time listening to what you consider to be the 'good' stuff. This is the golden age of accessibility.

^^ Great post endacl ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Internet has connected us to so much more new music. We've never been so lucky. Stop whining and learn to find the good stuff, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lazerwolf

So much good music. D'angelo, Snarky Puppy, and Hiatus Kaiyote are awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lazerwolf

Yes: D'Angelo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CodyLoder

Well, I am listening to music for about 6 hours per day every day. It is the most important part of my life, as I am a musician. But still, I have a lot of things to discover. I recently moved on to a town, where Stoner Doom Metal is the most popular thing and every second band is playing such music. I was shocked at how good this genre is. Now I have a new band to play with in such stoner music. So there is no limit, just let the music find you)

Advertisement