Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing an alarm system into a pre-wired house

Options
  • 21-07-2014 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hi

When I got my house re-wired for electricity the electrician wired it for an alarm system. There is wiring from the top of a corner in each room for a sensor and wiring just beside the front door for a control panel.

How difficult would it be for me to wire an alarm system (with no experience) And roughly how much would the alarm system cost?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

When I got my house re-wired for electricity the electrician wired it for an alarm system. There is wiring from the top of a corner in each room for a sensor and wiring just beside the front door for a control panel.

How difficult would it be for me to wire an alarm system (with no experience) And roughly how much would the alarm system cost?

thanks in advance!

For pricing you would need to contact local suppliers.
    Its not the best way to have the alarm set up with just motion detectors in your home. Perimeter protection is always going to offer the best line of defence. If you went for a hybrid system you could use some of the cables in place and put wire free detectors on your windows and doors.

Advertisement