Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationality of children born in NI

Options
  • 20-07-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

maybe not the best place to ask, but do the baby born in the north from irish parents get the british citizenship ?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

leo2a6 wrote: »
    maybe not the best place to ask, but do the baby born in the north from irish parents get the british citizenship ?

Dual nationality - ie they can choose, as far as I know. But open to correction as my memory is a little hazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

We have dual nationality. Nobody has to choose which nationality they prefer - a child born in NI can be both. For example at one point I had both a British and Irish passport. Some people even opt to class themselves as Northern Irish rather than say British or Irish. It's all one big muddle :P

Advertisement