Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple dock adapter for android/micro usb

Options
  • 21-07-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I have a docking system for an apple device. I no longer use my ipod, just my phone which takes a micro usb lead so I am looking for an adapter of some sort, something similar to this I think: http://img.tvc-mall.com/uploads/details/MCH-291-1.jpg
    I checked amazon but the one I saw didn't have good reviews but I may have the wording incorrect. Does anyone know where I can find something like this? Preferably not too expensive.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I have a docking system for an apple device. I no longer use my ipod, just my phone which takes a micro usb lead so I am looking for an adapter of some sort, something similar to this I think: http://img.tvc-mall.com/uploads/details/MCH-291-1.jpg
    I checked amazon but the one I saw didn't have good reviews but I may have the wording incorrect. Does anyone know where I can find something like this? Preferably not too expensive.
    Thanks!

An adapter like that would possibly only give power, no data. That's what you get when you buy proprietary gear, you're locked in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

It's an expensive Sony radio with different features so it would be a shame not to be able to get some sort of adaptor. Does anyone else have any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

It's an expensive Sony radio with different features so it would be a shame not to be able to get some sort of adaptor. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Of course....:D
    This is the very reason why Apple use proprietary connections and not standard cheap open connections like Mini or Micro USB. Apple make lots of money on the connector, Sony must pay a licence to use it in a product with plenty of other stipulations locking the product to Apple. Unfortunate, but that's what Apple set out to do with their vendor lock-in, hoping it pushes you to buy Apple next time as you already have Apple proprietary connector products.

Advertisement