Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanning Beds

Options
  • 20-07-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Since this year I never went away on holidays and I am horribly pale, I have decided to use a tanning bed in a tanning salon local to me. Before anyone says that tanning cream are a much easier option and healthier for my skin, I totally agree but for some reason my skin always rejects the creams. There was one cream that was brilliant and stupidly I never bought a few more bottles so now, I can't get my hands on them anymore. I've resorted to tanning beds. The lady at the salon recommended 3-4 mins, 2-3 times a week for a few weeks but my 2 questions are...

1) Does buying the tanning cream from the salon make the process quicker?

and

2) How long will it take before I see results?

Please only answer if you want to help. I understand there will be people out there who will tell me how silly I am but please refrain from writing negative comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

Hi,
    Tanning creams are good to use on sunbeds, I recommend legally dark by australian gold, if you are very pale it would take a good few sunbeds for a noticable colour, if you are going on holidays it should give you a bit of a base which will make tanning in the natural sun easier. Stick to the recommended time 2-3 minutes as any longer and you will burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Hi :) I totally get where your coming from. I'm very pale and never tan and my friends are all bronzen goddesses! I decided to give the sunbeds a bash last year and they made no difference. More than anything I just went a bit red, not like sunburnt red but not a tan and then back white. Since then I have heard nothing but horror stories and you would never see me on a sunbed again but that's just me im not here to lecture you. I think those creams only work if you have the kind of skin than tans so if you want try id advise you get a sachet before buying the bottles. Alternatively, you could always fake it. Theres some amazing tans on the market at the moments. This way you can be tanned, save your skin and have a pain free burnt free holiday!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Duffyfx

Hey all. Looking for advice about starting beds. I know the dangers and have always been against them but am heading away to Greece at the end of the summer and am terrified I'll burn like a crisp. I've heard people say if you start beds before a holiday you're less likely to burn as you can adjust to the heat. Any tips as how to do this (if I should do it at all!) I'm quite pale, don't really take a tan and not particularly freckley. This has nothing to do with getting tanned before I go away so just wondering how to prepare my skin safely? Tips and advice very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

If u are very pale and don't take a tan well you shouldn't use sunbeds, get a good spray tan and bring a dove/garnier gradual tan moisturiser with you, stay out of chlorine pools if u want fake tan to last 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Agree completely ennis81. Am v pale also, tried sun beds along with the creams years ago & just didn't work for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Duffyfx

ennis81 wrote: »
    If u are very pale and don't take a tan well you shouldn't use sunbeds, get a good spray tan and bring a dove/garnier gradual tan moisturiser with you, stay out of chlorine pools if u want fake tan to last 😄

Like I said though, it's not about looking tanned that I'm worried about. I just don't want to burn when I'm over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Duffyfx wrote: »
    Like I said though, it's not about looking tanned that I'm worried about. I just don't want to burn when I'm over there

Then you need to invest in good SPF and apply it regularly, I'm very pale and rarely burn because I wear sun cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Duffyfx wrote: »

First of all tanning before you go will not prevent you from burning at all. What you need to do is invest in a good broad spectrum sun cream with a high SPF and reapply it regularly every two hours at least and then after you come out of the pool or sea. If you want to look somewhat tanned just use fake tan or a gradual tanner.

Advertisement