Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphone controls for Samsung S2

Options
  • 20-07-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been looking to get a set of cheapish headphones for my S2 which have the inline controls (skips tracks, volume, change radio station, etc.) but have seen online that a lot of these features are/were not supported by Android devices.

Is this still the case or can I are there items out there which will be compatible with the S2?

There was a thread on the xda developers forum, but those headphones seemed pricy for all I need and the thread was quite old. Are these now being made more widespread and if so would they be backwards compatible with an S2?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm pretty sure all/most android devices use the same pin out, that is the controls aare on the righ segment of the jack. Apple use a different standard so anything iphone compliant won't work unless it has an adapter.

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/189523-final-soultion-why-most-headsets-wont-work.html

Yeah, this would concur. Just search amazon for "android headset", fair few cheap options.

Advertisement