Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE NEWS NOW (not)

Options
  • 20-07-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Greg Allen reporting live from the open - Rory McIlroy likely to win his third major as he is playing his second shot from the 18th fairway with a two shot lead-

This at 8.15pm :-)
    Hold on
    just about to tap in...
    at 8.23pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You were watching a repeat of the early evening news

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

It's called 'RTE NEWS NOW' (their capitals). Why bother if it's not updated..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yeah that's the name. If I turn it on I get news now.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Yeah you're right. They gave the correct news at 9.00pm. I foolishly thought that they would have updated Greg Allen 'live' from the Open a bit sooner as Rory actually put in the winning putt at 6.30pm.
    I guess 2 1/2 hours later on a dedicated news stream is good enough for Irish viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

I guess 2 1/2 hours later on a dedicated news stream is good enough for Irish viewers.

It's not a news stream (by my definition anyway)

They simply keep repeating the most recent news that was shown on RTE1 with some filler programmes thrown in (also repeated from RTE1).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Low expectations are key to your enjoyment and appreciation of this channel.
    It is as someone said News Now as in I turn the channel on I see news now, just not necessarily new news.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

You appear to be talking about some sort of sporting result?
    Your complaint is entirely reasonable. That's NOT news, and should not be on a newsfeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'm not sure how much it's costing to run this channel but it's awful and should be ditched in favour of a more creative way to waste taxpayers money.

Advertisement