Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Priest on the day - marriage licence

Options
  • 20-07-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Really quick question. We're due to tie the knot in under 3 weeks. We just found out our priest has broken his shoulder and may not be able to perform the ceremony. We've been in contact with his college so we're covered there.

My question is around the marriage licence. From reading the form there's a section where you can can fill in details of any changes and the reason. I'm assuming all's ok once we complete this and all parties sign the bottom section including the new Priest.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

KNS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

We're going to have to do the same because our priest cancelled on us and that's exactly what they told us to do when we registered our intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

bee06 wrote: »
    We're going to have to do the same because our priest cancelled on us and that's exactly what they told us to do when we registered our intent.

Pheww! Sounds like we're ok.

Just need to chase the new priest to make sure he's ok with everything. Pity as the first guy was a sound fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

yes its ok, the licence gives space to change any of the details that were originally on it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Just to be clear as well, the form you have for the day is the marriage registration form. You have to return this to the Births, Deaths and Marriages office within a month of the wedding to get your marriage cert. I saw a thread not so long ago where they couple only found out a few months after the wedding they were supposed to return that form.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

bee06 wrote: »
    Just to be clear as well, the form you have for the day is the marriage registration form. You have to return this to the Births, Deaths and Marriages office within a month of the wedding to get your marriage cert. I saw a thread not so long ago where they couple only found out a few months after the wedding they were supposed to return that form.

Ya, we were well warned about this when we registered for the licence. We'll do it the minute we're back from the honeymoon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement