Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eggs on Virginia Creeper

Options
  • 20-07-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a Virginia Creeper in a pot on the patio beside the fence and its going pretty well. I was watering it today and I noticed a lot of tiny white eggs all over the stems.

315303.jpg

Can anyone recommend what I should do or if they're any harm to the plant?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

Hey Space2ground1
    Your V creeper looks healthy going by the leaf in the photo.
    I would not worry too much. Have you tried to rub them off by hand or might
    a strong spray of water dislodge them? Keep an eye on them but i cant
    see them doing any long term damage. A close up photo may tell more.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Thanks for the info! I'm amazed actually. It's in a long plastic tub. I only got it in Lidl around 6 weeks ago and it's already 5ft tall. I expect I'll have to carefully transplant it into a longer pot when the roots get squashed.

It will after a season or so get root bound in the container
    Its quite a vigorus grower and unless pruned back(which seems counter productive)
    imo it will be hard to keep watered, as a healthy plant whilst container grown.
    Is it possible to sow it in the ground ?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭space2ground1

No unfortunately. It's above thick patio slabs which are above a hefty later of building site rubble dust. I'll keep it fed and watered and see how I get on.

You will have a lovely autumn show. Post a pic:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement