Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shore angling in glenbeigh

Options
  • 20-07-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi I'm heading to gleinbeigh next week with the family for the anual holidays and just wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction for a bit of shore or rock fishing. I caught mackerel and I think there called dog fish in kells last year but would like to try for a bass or maybe something else thanks pm if anyone can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

A few of us fished the beach in glenbeigh last year and between us we had bass, dogs, flounder, mullet, sea trout and weevers. Lots of weevers.
    If you dont know weevers google them and be carefull. We stopped catching them after dark tho.
    Inch is less than an hour away and worth the trip for an hours fishing at dusk or dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sealice

Thanks for the info I mainly do inshore fishing but do a small bit of sea angling what would be the best for bait rag peeler that sort of thinf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

Crab, lug and mack with hooks about size 4, 2 or 1s would be the best off the beach. All the weevers were on mack so be carefull if using it. Most fish that night were caught within 40yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sealice

.red. wrote: »
    Crab, lug and mack with hooks about size 4, 2 or 1s would be the best off the beach. All the weevers were on mack so be carefull if using it. Most fish that night were caught within 40yards.

Just had a look at those weevers look pretty mean and don't fancy handling them I might catch the misses out and ask her to unhook it ha. Thanks again for the info I can't wait to head down love it down there hope I get some descent fishing now. I lost a nice fish last year in kells with the head of a mack never seen him pulled the hook and nearly my arm off would have been nice to get a pic that was off the pier down in kells harbour

Advertisement