Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Sandyford

Options
  • 20-07-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

I have a job in Sandyford (close to the luas) and am looking to move as I am sick of doing ridiculous long commute times from where I live now.

Living in Sandyford seems like a non starter as the rent is so pricey.. any tips on where could be affordable for a 1 bed flat?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I would imagine 1100 is the cutoff for me. I am paying 900 at the moment but know it would be hard to match that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

There's a studio in Sandyford village on daft for €800 a month and a one bed apartment in Stepaside for €1100 a month.

I would be of the opinion that a budget of €1100 would absolutely get you a one bed in Dublin 18. No issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

There's a studio in Sandyford village on daft for €800 a month and a one bed apartment in Stepaside for €1100 a month.

I would be of the opinion that a budget of €1100 would absolutely get you a one bed in Dublin 18. No issue.

Both of those would be a fair distance from the OP's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

Marcusm wrote: »
    Both of those would be a fair distance from the OP's work.

The OP says he's sick of the commute. Living in either of those apartments would eliminate the 'commute' from his life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The OP says he's sick of the commute. Living in either of those apartments would eliminate the 'commute' from his life.

It's 2.5 or 3 miles from Stepaside to the office location. Depending on whether (s)he has a car or is happy to use a bike on busy roads, that's quite a commute, especially on wet dark evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Anywhere on the luas line from ranelagh out would cut the commute to 15-20 mins. Some parts if rathmines are very near the ranrlagh, beechwood or milltown luas stops and all of these areas have one beds at €1100 and below.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

bear in mind if you lived a short walk or cycle to work you could eliminate transport costs and put it towards rent...

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

5 km radius is an easy 20-25min slow cycle,, Just a helmet and wear your shirt and tie,, thats how I get to work,, a great way to communte,, no traffic, free, healthy,, 1100 is loads of money, but I would consider a house share in that location to give you more options..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cjmca

Vahevala wrote: »
    I have a job in Sandyford (close to the luas) and am looking to move as I am sick of doing ridiculous long commute times from where I live now.

Living in Sandyford seems like a non starter as the rent is so pricey.. any tips on where could be affordable for a 1 bed flat?

You could try asking the receiver in Beacon South Quarter, who look after approx 250 apartments here - I think most of the apartments in The Gates block are rented out now but worth a try. PM me if you'd like me to give you contact details of their on-site manager.

• Advertisement
Advertisement