Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle lowered by LBS

Options
  • 19-07-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I left my bike in to get serviced this week and picked it up yesterday. I went out for a spin today and as soon as I sat on the saddle I discovered it had been lowered by the guy in the bike shop. The reason why I'm bothered is that when I bought it, I got it fitted and have never had any aches and pains since day 1, even after 7 hours in the saddle. Unfortunately, I hadn't marked the seat post so I had to adjust it by feel.

Am I right to be bothered about this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Sue the bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

purple cow wrote: »
    I left my bike in to get serviced this week and picked it up yesterday. I went out for a spin today and as soon as I sat on the saddle I discovered it had been lowered by the guy in the bike shop. The reason why I'm bothered is that when I bought it, I got it fitted and have never had any aches and pains since day 1, even after 7 hours in the saddle. Unfortunately, I hadn't marked the seat post so I had to adjust it by feel.

Am I right to be bothered about this??

Can you contact whoever did the fitting - they might have a record of the measurements

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Just move it up or down until your arse stops complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Is there not some sort of mark from where it was? If even one from grime/dust or a mark from the clamp/collar

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

It's not the end of the world to adjust your seat height. Besides it's probably a sign that they took your bike for a quick spin after the service to check that everything was adjusted right.

• Advertisement

mirv wrote: »
    Besides it's probably a sign that they took your bike for a quick spin after the service to check that everything was adjusted right.

Probably out doing wheelies and skids on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Raam wrote: »
    Probably out doing wheelies and skids on it.

Relax, I'm a professional.
    parkingattendant.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

letape wrote: »
    Can you contact whoever did the fitting - they might have a record of the measurements

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭purple cow

mirv wrote: »
    It's not the end of the world to adjust your seat height. Besides it's probably a sign that they took your bike for a quick spin after the service to check that everything was adjusted right.

OK, so I appreciate that he took it out for a test ride, but I would have thought he could have managed to put the saddle height back where he found it!

Perhaps I'm being a bit OCD about this? Maybe I should just let it go...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

purple cow wrote: »
    OK, so I appreciate that he took it out for a test ride, but I would have thought he could have managed to put the saddle height back where he found it!

Perhaps I'm being a bit OCD about this? Maybe I should just let it go...

Nah. IMO you're right to be p!ssed. I would be.

• Advertisement

I'd be annoyed if the post had been scratched by lowering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Raam wrote: »
    I'd be annoyed if the post had been scratched by lowering it.

I think that scratches on seat posts are the least of your concerns!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Take the post out. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a mark for the height. Mine is marked with permanent marker, just in case it slips down.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement