Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprained ankle!!

Options
  • 19-07-2014 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

sprained my ankle 5 days ago now. It swelled the first day and then went down and turned black in parts...Today i put a ankle support on it and now it's starting to feel Ichy.. Should I take it off?! I thought the support would help it!! Maybe it's swelling again!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

My advice would be to get it looked at, might be to early to get looked at in a hospital if suspected fracture but a physio/ sports therapist should be able to take down any swell and point you in the right direction in terms of restoring ankle mobility or whether an X ray may be required

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

It gets itchy from the blood sitting in the tissues (bruise), it's normal. turns yellow/purple/green as the blood breaks down and becomes itchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Sorry, we can't give out medical advice here. From the charter:
    We do not give out medical advice. Injuries may have common symptoms but are unique to the individual - just because you were able to keep training with X injury or were out for months because of Y doesn't mean that the same will apply to someone else. Bad advice given here and followed through could aggravate an injury and prevent an athlete making a full recovery in as rapid a time as possible. This restriction is Boards-wide and purposely heavy-handed. So don't feel offended if your thread about a sprained ankle (which you may deem "non-medical") gets locked.

As ecoli says, you should get it checked out by a professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement