Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S2 Problems

Options
  • 19-07-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have had recent issues where the phone and powered off. I have just had to power it on again and all has been fine. I figured the battery connection may be loose.

Anyway, yesterday the same issue happened, but when I powered it back on it stuck on the samsung logo. I tried taking out the battery and replacing it but same issue.

I now tried the Download Mode. But for the past 3hrs it is stuck at downloading Odin to client. Not sure what this is but from what I have googled this should help?

I could do a factory restore but don't want to lose photos on my phone. Anyway to save the data?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

I will never buy a samsung again with the trouble my last one gave me - including automatically using all my credit overnight when I was due to organise my brotehr's burial next morning.

Get rid of it is my advice and get a sony or a huawei or even a couple of tin cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have had recent issues where the phone and powered off. I have just had to power it on again and all has been fine. I figured the battery connection may be loose.

Anyway, yesterday the same issue happened, but when I powered it back on it stuck on the samsung logo. I tried taking out the battery and replacing it but same issue.

I now tried the Download Mode. But for the past 3hrs it is stuck at downloading Odin to client. Not sure what this is but from what I have googled this should help?

I could do a factory restore but don't want to lose photos on my phone. Anyway to save the data?

Thanks!

You need to first download and install kies software, then download and unzip the latest official firmware for it from Sam mobile, then you connect it in download mode, wait a minute or two for all drivers to install. Then it goes green/blue depending on Odin.

Then you click PDA in Odin and link the tar file to it and start flash...

Should sort it, plenty of guides online, search for installing stock firmware on a Galaxy S2...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

I don't have a USB cable to connect phone to PC. Can I connect wirelessly to Kies?

Advertisement