Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Contracting - Recommended Umbrellas

Options
  • 19-07-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend umbrella companies for IT contracting in the UK?

I'm relocating from London to Edinburgh in a few months & my current London-based employer has agreed to allow me to work remotely until the end of the year. However I need to transition from permanent employee to contractor. I've researched the options available to me & since it is initially a short contract & I'm not sure if I'd want to move to contracting long term, I'm going to go with an umbrella for the immediate future. Just need to figure out which one... :)

Thanks,
    Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Hi Jack,

I used Drole Computing when I was an IT contractor. They do take a % as a fee for handling your account (not a huge amount), but everything is now on line and they were easy to deal with. I had a gap of 4 years between my first time round and second time with them and nothing was an issue in re-activating the service.

Give them a ring but in the meantime http://www.drolecomputingservices.co.uk/

Hope this helps

AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Giant are good, very professional and I think, the biggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Not an IT contractor but I used Giant when I consulted for Pharma companies and a friend of mine is doing the same.
    Found them to be reliable but didn't bother using their Giant Advantage rewards scheme. Waste of time...even if it is free :)

Advertisement