Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer A1-810 upgraded to 4.4.2 and Netflix doesn't work.

Options
  • 19-07-2014 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

After I upgraded my wife's tablet to Kitkat 4.4.2 Netflix does not work properly. After it starts the first 10 sec is ok then I can see nothing but pixels. Audio is ok. I removed the app and downloaded newest. Cache and data were cleaned up. Nothing was changed. How can I fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Could be a Netflix problem, rate the app on play store and they would be fairly quick getting back to you I would say...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

Even master reset did not help. So I dont think Netflix support can help. My advice is: if you like your Netlix do not upgrade your device to KitKat. BTW My wife is unhappy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

try with an older version of netflix, for instance:
    forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49121617&postcount=440

check that thread it might be the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

You are a genius! It is fixed! I was so desperate I wanted to buy another tablet :)
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

glad it worked :)
    cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Nicole_Thomen

I have the Acer Iconia A1-810 tablet.

When it upgraded to 4.4.2 KitKat, Netflix will work for about 20 seconds then the screen freezes around the edges and everything else jumps, flashes, screen goes green to white to black and I cant see anything I'm watching.

I've done EVERYTHING to fix it, cache and data clear, uninstall then reinstall, unchecked automatic restore, even factory reset.

I have no idea what to do now. It messes up no matter where I'm at so I know it was the upgrade that caused this mess.

Help a poor woman out!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thrashin

I have the Acer Iconia A1-810 tablet.

When it upgraded to 4.4.2 KitKat, Netflix will work for about 20 seconds then the screen freezes around the edges and everything else jumps, flashes, screen goes green to white to black and I cant see anything I'm watching.

I've done EVERYTHING to fix it, cache and data clear, uninstall then reinstall, unchecked automatic restore, even factory reset.

I have no idea what to do now. It messes up no matter where I'm at so I know it was the upgrade that caused this mess.

Help a poor woman out!?

Hi, I had the same problem, and have worked out the following: Uninstall your current Netflix install then search for, download and install Netflix v2.1.2-r46.

This one will allow Netflix to work fine (I have tried all versions from that up to latest, and they do not work - same issue as you have described).

On the down side - Netflix v2.1.2 does not support Chromecast. So if you want to cast Netflix to your Chromecast, you're out of luck until they fix the issue with the new Netflix version. As new versions come out, you can test them, and if they're still not working, install v2.1.2.

BTW, I downloaded my version 2.1.2-r46 from: apksteed(dot)com/tag/netflix-apk/

Good luck!

Advertisement