Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EARTHQUAKE! - 30 years ago

Options
  • 19-07-2014 1:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭

Well today is the 30th anniversary of the strongest quake to hit Ireland in modern times.

Any Dublin posters got memories of the event?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Well today is the 30th anniversary of the strongest quake to hit Ireland in modern times.

Earthquakes have nothing to do with weather.
    Why are they always in the weather forum?

Do people actually think earthquakes are weather?
    If anyones teaching that in schools,I suggest reporting them to the department of education.

Does the wind cause them? No
    Cloud? No
    Sun? No

Etc
    They are movements underground.

Earthquakes have as much place in a weather forum as a thread on volcanoes.None except in the latters case there might be logic for discussion on Ash clouds.
    Theres no weather at all about an earthquake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

You could at least have the good manners to point out that there's no earthquake thread.

But the layout and style of your post marks you out as a bit of an eccentric <mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Yeah, I don't understand why people post geology-related stuff in here, there's a geography forum and would be most suited for this.

<mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Tsunamis and tornadoes cause earthquakes and they're weather.

*grabs popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

Yeah, I don't understand why people post geology-related stuff in here, there's a geography forum and would be most suited for this.
    <mod snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Tsunamis and tornadoes cause earthquakes and they're weather.

No, tsunamis and tornadoes do not cause earthquakes.

<mod snip>

Edit* Fell for ahnowbrowncow's trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Tsunamis are caused BY earthquakes. And I've never heard about a tornado causing an earthquake. Must be one of those tech tonic plate shifting tornados..

Edit. Ahhh. You got me. Just saw the little white 'grabs popcorn'. I tip my hat to you sir..

My work here is done :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

yep! it was around 8am on a school day as far as I remember and I was lying in bed thinking about getting up for school and suddenly the bed shook really hard. Harder than if a very heavy lorry went by and made the road vibrate.

So leapt out of bed and went shouting into my sister who as usual didn't react and said she hadn't noticed!!!! :eek:

All after that is a bit hazy......anyone else got a story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

I remember reading a book on my bed and feeling the room shake. Hard to believe it's 30 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

You could at least have the good manners to point out that there's no earthquake thread.

But the layout and style of your post marks you out as a bit of an eccentric <mod snip>
    <mod snip>

Edit* Fell for ahnowbrowncow's trolling.

Closing this
    It's just become a magnet for off topic comments re other members and this kind of personal abuse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement