Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

800 Euro gaming pc. to buy in 2 days.

Options
  • 18-07-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Any suggestions for a gaming pc? I have flexible budget but am targeting 800 euro. I plan to throw a second graphics card into the mix and perhaps multiple monitors in future. I have the guts of an old pc at home also I can use and an SSD I have in my laptop.

1. What is your budget?
    ~800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming - Crysis, BF3, etc.
    Oculus rift gaming when its out for christmas.
    Dual Booting Linux

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    20" 720p Monitor temporarily,
    256Gb SSD
    1Tb 7200rpm HDD

5. Do you need a monitor?
    No, But recommendations apprecciated
    5a. If yes, what size do you need.
    Any

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

720p as far as I know, yes I will upgrade and look to dual screen.
    I also have 40" 1080p tv in reasonable proximity

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Wireless Card
    Card Reader - what is this?

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Yes

8. How can you pay?
    Paypal/credit card/laser card

9. When are you purchasing?
    This weekend. I have a week of holidays next week so want it by thursday

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    South Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Any suggestions on this build I just put together? Not too sure how to check if it will work together or if im missing something

HV20Y45KDE Intel Core i5-4670K Box, LGA1150 203,76 €
    HV1135RQDE ASRock Z87 Extreme3, Sockel 1150, ATX 93,44 €
    HV20MI70DE 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1333, CL9-9-9-24 68,56 €
    HV203FDDDE FRACTAL DESIGN Define R4 Black Pearl 87,77 €
    HVR630L8DE be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM 630 Watt 80,55 €
    HV1025KODE iChill GeForce GTX 770 HerculeZ X3 Ultra, 2GB DDR5 298,47 €
    HV207GB4DE LG GH24NS bare schwarz 12,68 €
    HV202SD1DE Sharkoon Drakonia Gaming Laser Mouse 25,25 €
    HVZPCDE Rechner - Zusammenbau 29,99 €

Total value: 900,47 €

All prices are delivery prices

created with hardwareversand.de PC Configurator:
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/pcconfigurator

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

quick look, will take another later today but the 4690 k is the same price. means you need z97 MBoard. again it will be same price if not cheaper.
    will give you more power and a better future at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

check what type of sata drive you have in your laptop as they are not the same as the ones you put in a desktop so you may need a converter

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Cheers for the input guys. Unfortunately I went and bought it on the Sunday as planned and before your comments. My only regret is not getting the 4690k. I figured the extra .1ghz was not worth the 10 euro but looking online it is as it's much newer. Second is maybe the motherboard as i got one which was last year's top of the range. But works fine with everything and has sli possibility.
    I got the build up and running. Ssd works thankfully. Took around 2-3 hrs this evening. Wires are everywhere but ill worry about a tidy up after getting it going. Some good YouTube clips. Definitely couldn't have got the power or other connections right without them and motherboard manual.
    Upgrading to windows 8.1 64 bit atm. Windows 7 32bit ran fine from my original laptop setup but lacked soke drivers and I want to get the extra ram going.
    Also noticed my cpu fan wasn't working as it was blocked by wires. Someone else had this recently on boards is why I noticed it. Defo worth noting for newbies.
    A few queries.
    1. Do I need thermal paste? My fan is sitting on the cpu atm temperature was stable at 42 once running
    2. Any recommendations on a monitor? I have a 21 or 23" 900p monitor atm. And a 40" tv. Recommend a 1440p monitor and if worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

kenyard wrote: »
    Cheers for the input guys. Unfortunately I went and bought it on the Sunday as planned and before your comments. My only regret is not getting the 4690k. I figured the extra .1ghz was not worth the 10 euro but looking online it is as it's much newer. Second is maybe the motherboard as i got one which was last year's top of the range. But works fine with everything and has sli possibility.
    I got the build up and running. Ssd works thankfully. Took around 2-3 hrs this evening. Wires are everywhere but ill worry about a tidy up after getting it going. Some good YouTube clips. Definitely couldn't have got the power or other connections right without them and motherboard manual.
    Upgrading to windows 8.1 64 bit atm. Windows 7 32bit ran fine from my original laptop setup but lacked soke drivers and I want to get the extra ram going.
    Also noticed my cpu fan wasn't working as it was blocked by wires. Someone else had this recently on boards is why I noticed it. Defo worth noting for newbies.
    A few queries.
    1. Do I need thermal paste? My fan is sitting on the cpu atm temperature was stable at 42 once running
    2. Any recommendations on a monitor? I have a 21 or 23" 900p monitor atm. And a 40" tv. Recommend a 1440p monitor and if worth it?

Nope 4k you will need a second card before you even bother. And then the price of monitors. I'd leave it for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

kenyard wrote: »
    A few queries.

Not if you're using the stock CPU fan, it comes already on the bottom of the CPU fan.

Monitor depends on what you want, have a look around at some 23/24", I currently have two AOC i2369vm and love them, not the fastest panels as they are IPS and therefore not really the best for gaming, but have great colour reproduction.

The BenQ XL2420T and ASUS VG248QE are widely regarded as two of the best (and fastest) 24" for gaming.

Advertisement