Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feet starting to point outwards!

Options
  • 18-07-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

My feet always pointed outwards a little bit, left one more so than the right, but past couple of weeks I'm beginning to notice they are pointing out a bit more than normal. I'm guessing a muscle imbalance, one stronger than the other, or one has tightened up. What muscles can cause this?

Have my regular monthly sports massage in two weeks and will ask my physio also but for now would be interested if people would know what muscles can cause this so I can read more into it.

Past few days I'm making a conscious effort to walk with straight feet but its a constant effort.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Initial reaction would be tightness in your lateral rotators ( Deep 6 muscles i.e piriformis, Gemellii , Obturators and Quad Fem) however knowing where is tight without knowing the cause might not be too much help when it comes to your own research, if you are worried about it see if you can push your treatment forward a bit, its easier to pre empt these things and be treated for a niggle before it becomes an injury than weighting until it causes issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Thanks ecoli. Interesting as she did some work on the glutes at last visit which is right up there beside the lateral rotators

Advertisement