Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is not good

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrBobbyZ

The comments under the article pretty much some up my opinion on that.
    What is really worrying is the tendancy Irish policy makers ,and pressure groups, have toward eulogizing anything Scandinavian.
    I can understand the reluctance to promote Vaping until all are satisfied of the long term risks (if any).
    What I find difficult to understand is the negativity surrounding vaping, the scaremongering from the press, the apathy from anti smoking groups, the fence sitting from politicians and the "well, it looks like smoking so we better treat it like smoking" attitude of policy makers.

My choice (and I'm sure many others) is between smoking and vaping.
    One will kill me, affect quality of life, cost my family over €3500 per year.
    The other may contain some risk(and lets be honest just about everything contains some type of risk....am I right Daily Mail readers!) and cost a small fraction of cigarettes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Why can't authorities take a mature attitude: we cannot endorse these but nor can we ban them whilst allowing tobacco cigarettes which we ackowledge as being extermely harmful to continue being sold.

Instead of being like complete headless chickens copying everyone else.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Because "authorities" and "mature attitude" rarely go hand in hand.

"Vested interests", now there's something that springs to mind.

I'm cynical of course, in case you haven't noticed :D

Advertisement