Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5 - Cracked Screen, Warranty Voided?

Options
  • 18-07-2014 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,401 ✭✭✭✭

Been using my Nexus 5 since release date last year. About a month after having it, I dropped the phone and it developed a very small crack at the top corner. This didn't affect anything and it was too small for me to bother with replacing the screen. Anyway, needless to say my microphone has suddenly stopped working and after trying a hard reset, the issue is not resolved. I contacted Google and have sent the phone out to them.

Reading forums, I've a fear that because I have a crack on my screen, my warranty might be voided :( Does anyone know if this is the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Been using my Nexus 5 since release date last year. About a month after having it, I dropped the phone and it developed a very small crack at the top corner. This didn't affect anything and it was too small for me to bother with replacing the screen. Anyway, needless to say my microphone has suddenly stopped working and after trying a hard reset, the issue is not resolved. I contacted Google and have sent the phone out to them.

Reading forums, I've a fear that because I have a crack on my screen, my warranty might be voided :( Does anyone know if this is the case?

I would say so, if its physical damage I doubt they will even entertain it, but you never know with Google, have you RMA'ed the phone with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,401 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Yep, it's been RMA'ed and is en route to Google. It'd be annoying if they refuse to fix it, because going from Google, it seems like the microphone is a common cause of problems for the Nexus 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yep, it's been RMA'ed and is en route to Google. It'd be annoying if they refuse to fix it, because going from Google, it seems like the microphone is a common cause of problems for the Nexus 5.

I used to fix mobiles a few years ago and as soon as we saw a sign of physical damage we wouldn't repair the handset, even if it was for a different fault entirely....

You never know with Google, they can be good to customers, an oul sob story may help you out?

Advertisement