Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty On Camera Bought Abroad

Options
  • 18-07-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place form this. I just had a quick query. If I buy a Canon camera in Germany will it be covered under the warranty in Ireland ? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Your first port of call will always be back to whoever you bought from. Your contract and statutory rights are with them.

Then check the warranty documentation. Some items are country specific, some region specific (Europe, US, etc) and some are global. It really depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Paulw wrote: »
    Your first port of call will always be back to whoever you bought from. Your contract and statutory rights are with them.

Legally you are correct.
    Paulw wrote: »
    Then check the warranty documentation. Some items are country specific, some region specific (Europe, US, etc) and some are global. It really depends.

I would check the warranty Ts & Cs first whereupon in the OP's situation, he would quickly discover that .......

Canon have a European Warranty System (EWS), details here....

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/warranty/index.aspx

Advertisement