Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argon 18 gallium vs Scott CR1

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

Which bike should I go for? Both are Shimano 105. I need info on the ride. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭furiousox

Interesting.
    I've never ridden the Argon but it looks nice and gets good reviews.
    I own a CR1 and although I'm in the market for a new bike I can't find a reason to sell it on.
    It fits me perfectly, it's comfortable for all day spins and handles rough roads well.
    I've fitted a carbon seatpost and 25mm veloflex tyres with latex tubes, all adding more speed and comfort.
    It's not quite as fast as the Canyon UCF I had before but that was a stiffer bike, a bit more tiring to ride and not as comfortable over long distances.
    The Scott (to me) is a fast road bike with a bit of comfort added rather than a full on comfort bike that can go faster when needed.
    The geometry is slightly relaxed rather than full on relaxed and the shock absorbing system does work.
    I'm looking around for a bike that fits me, that's fast but comfortable and not too stiff.
    Seems I already have one! :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rb555

Thanks for your insight furiousox! The dealer mentioned that the Argon 18 Gallium and the Scott CR1 are equal in all respect except the Argon frame is better. So I wanted to know which is a better ride. I am looking to do team rides as well as solo rides. Hopefully I will get some more feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Argon is a lovely looking frame with a much shorter head tube than the Scott.

If your flexibility is poor you'll end up with an ugly front end like this:

4-IMG_5713-620x419.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Had quiet a few top carbon bikes (8-10) that I tend to change fairly regularly. Hadn`t a CR1 but did have a Scott Addict. Of them all the only bike I ever regret selling and definitely intend to get another in the future is an Argon 18 Gallium Pro.
    Best combination of stiffness, comfort, handling and stability ive ridden.
    All this depends though on your riding style/preferences etc. You can get lighter, stiffer etc etc but think Argon have found a pretty excellent balance with their frames.
    AFAIK theyre ready to jump into ProTour team sponsorship next year too.

Advertisement