Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for pictures

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:08pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a software to build a website to display all pictures uploaded by ftp into an specific folder, but the software does it automatically I do not want to logon as an admin to make it show the pics on the website. So if I upload pics now via ftp to that folder when I look at the website in a few minutes the new pics show there. I tried a few listed with my existing host in the cpanel on the "Softaculous Apps Installer" section but all need to be uploaded via the back-end admin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

Hi nava,

maybe you could try a wordpress website with a gallery plugin that can do that, eg do a search on Google for "Lazyest Gallery wordpress plugin" - here is a description, hope that's what you are looking for:

Create a photo gallery from your existing photo directories.

This gallery basically needs just two settings: Your image directory and your gallery page. Lazyest Gallery automatically creates a photo gallery with folders, sub folders, thumbnail pages and slide shows.

If you want more, the gallery offers a multitude of options by featuring a smart back end management site. You can sort photos through folders and add captions, comments and descriptions with minimal effort. If you are tired of uploading photos through the WordPress server, this plug-in will make it a breeze with their FTP auto-indexing integration.

PM me if you would need any help to set it up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

rusnakova wrote: »
    Hi nava,

maybe you could try a wordpress website with a gallery plugin that can do that, eg do a search on Google for "Lazyest Gallery wordpress plugin" - here is a description, hope that's what you are looking for:

This gallery basically needs just two settings: Your image directory and your gallery page. Lazyest Gallery automatically creates a photo gallery with folders, sub folders, thumbnail pages and slide shows.

If you want more, the gallery offers a multitude of options by featuring a smart back end management site. You can sort photos through folders and add captions, comments and descriptions with minimal effort. If you are tired of uploading photos through the WordPress server, this plug-in will make it a breeze with their FTP auto-indexing integration.

Thanks, installed, testing now, but looks like does as I need.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

rusnakova wrote: »
    Hi nava,

I tested it, I can get it install, but the problem I have is when I go to the album, I do not see the thumbnails I only see a spinning wheel, I checked the help and found FAQ and javascript if I click on the spinning wheel I can see pic.

I tried several times, I only install that plugin nothing else but still the same.

The strange part is if I logon as Admin go to the Lazyest Gallery on the left hand side, click on the folder name, on the Lazyest Gallery admin module the thumbnails load ok there, now I go to the main page and they also load there, for new pics I need to do the same.

Advertisement