Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireles RKP for HKC Quantum 70

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I have recently installed a wireless RKP for a Quantum 70 alarm panel. Everything seems fine but unfortunately to use the prox tag to arm the system the RKP has to be 'woken up' before it will read the prox tag. I understand the reason for this, as it is battery powered, but I was wondering if the RKP was powered by a 12v supply would the RKP automatically detect a prox key without having to press a button to wake the RKP up?

This is not a problem when unsetting as the RKP responds to the door contact and 'wakes up' by itself.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

ozzy1609 wrote: »
    Hi, I have recently installed a wireless RKP for a Quantum 70 alarm panel. Everything seems fine but unfortunately to use the prox tag to arm the system the RKP has to be 'woken up' before it will read the prox tag. I understand the reason for this, as it is battery powered, but I was wondering if the RKP was powered by a 12v supply would the RKP automatically detect a prox key without having to press a button to wake the RKP up?

This is not a problem when unsetting as the RKP responds to the door contact and 'wakes up' by itself.

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure if there is a different setting that allows the wire free keypad not to time out but can check for you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

If you power it from a 12v supply it will act as a wired keypad and won't time out.

Advertisement