Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maggot bags!!

Options
  • 17-07-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Everywhere i seem to go fishing i seem to find empty maggot bags strewn all over the place,in bushes, jus left on the bank etc... i ended up bringin three home with me yesterday.. the state of the place after some people that go fishing...what do ye think if fishing shops only sold maggots to people that had a bait box, there only a couple of euro and it might help keepin the banks a bit tidy.. its jus a though, probably wouldnt work tho!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Who the **** uses a bag for maggots...

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

its the same with worm tubs... seen 6 today..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

its the same with worm tubs... seen 6 today..

Maggot bags, worm tubs, empty bait bags, empty hook packets, empty feathers packets, soft drink cans, beer cans, cider bottles, .....

Its the fecking same everywhere at this time of year :mad:

Yea, Was fishing for salmon today, and seen 3 early 20's acting like kids... saying swear words and shouting, Have some respect for your rivers!!, Also seen 3 lads with perch dead are you allowed to kill perch, and fellow with a pike about 9lb. i though it was illegal to kill coarse fish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

probably the same ***** who eat all the fish!!

• Advertisement

Yea, Was fishing for salmon today, and seen 3 early 20's acting like kids... saying swear words and shouting, Have some respect for your rivers!!, Also seen 3 lads with perch dead are you allowed to kill perch, and fellow with a pike about 9lb. i though it was illegal to kill coarse fish
    i think your allowed keep 4 perch or roach per day, ur not allowed kill a fish over 25cm. you shouldnt b allowed kill any course fish... if they wanna eat fish they should go up to aldi or lidl and buy tins of fish for 70 cent.. no wonder the stocks or so low!!

Yea, Was bit pissed about that killing perch and some of them were small..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

My local tackle shop (Countryman Angling in Naas) always ask if I want mags in a bag or box, I couldn't figure out why they were giving the option but now I have it, I'd imagine certain more obvious piss taking "fisherman" aren't given the choice and have to take the box as standard.

The state of the canal bank at the moment though, bottles, sweetcorn tins, groundbait bags, cigarette boxes etc. And remnants of a campfire all over the place, jesus it's fishing, not a Bear Grylls

ye it a disgrace, i cant see how people cant put their rubbish in a bag n ring it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

My local tackle shop gives them in a brown paper bag if you dont bring a tub with ya. I think its 2e for the tub or something. I see a lot of young lads just get the brown bag and off on their bikes then.

• Advertisement

My local tackle shop gives them in a brown paper bag if you dont bring a tub with ya. I think its 2e for the tub or something. I see a lot of young lads just get the brown bag and off on their bikes then.

at least the brown bags dissolves, unlike the plastic one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

at least the brown bags dissolves, unlike the plastic one!!

Never seen the plastic ones used to be honest. Noticed plenty of the brown ones lying beside the canal. Lots of meps packets and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I've never been in a Tackle shop that doesn't use them, it's just that responsible people will always bring a bait box to the shop in the first place

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭zombiekiller

Forgot a bait box today got them in plastic bag by the time i got home and opened the bag the smell was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

ye it a disgrace, i cant see how people cant put their rubbish in a bag n ring it home.

in my experience Irish anglers (or party anglers as I call them) are the most untidy of all nationalities. If you see a group of young guys angling and camping and their libation of choice is dutch gold you are almost guaranteed they will leave all behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Forgot a bait box today got them in plastic bag by the time i got home and opened the bag the smell was unreal.

And they were probably half dead from the heat/lack of air

21/25

Advertisement