Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading My Build

Options
  • 17-07-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just thought I'd run a quick build idea past you; looking for opinions as regards cost and efficiency.

I've got an ATI R9 270X at the moment w/ an i5 2500k/8GB RAM. The GPU and motherboard have previously been replaced, the motherboard moreso on the cheap but I'm tired of my current case as the cable management/temps are atrocious and the mobo I have at the moment is pretty limited as regards running multiple monitors, so I just though I'd get some money together and upgrade. Here's what I was thinking:

ID075MP.jpg

Comes to €375 at checkout (oddly enough everything will ship to Ireland for free within the next week except the bloody SSD, which I have to get via Parcel Motel). I've looked around several other sites including Overclockers and Hardwareversand comparing prices as Amazon wasn't my first choice but they seem to have everyone else beaten, especially when it comes to the delivery.

Is there anything I should change? I'm not sure if a 650w PSU is overkill either. I'm running a 550w PSU just now no bother but with the added CPU cooling and possible light overclocking in the future it may turn out to be for the best, no?

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Advertisement