Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening an English Language School

Options
  • 17-07-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I am hoping to hear from others who have experience setting up summer programmes or the likes. I am hoping to get a Summer School up and running by next summer. I am an experienced post-primary teacher and also EFL teacher. I have also worked as a Centre Manager for a Summer Language School. I have lots of ideas and for a while now wish to open my own school in the West of Ireland. To begin with I will probably work with an agency in order to generate students but I hope in time to have a direct relationship with the students.

I am wondering how much capital I need myself to begin? What should I have before approaching a bank? I suppose the insurance side of it is straight forward but as for contracts and renting classrooms and accreditation etc etc I would some advice from others.

Any advice from other entrepreneurs welcomed.

Advertisement