Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I use these?

Options
  • 17-07-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I purchased these today in a sports shop. They're strike indicators but not the type I planned on purchasing. I don't know how I'm supposed to use these for fly fishing. There's a loop at the end of every 2 beads.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭KevinEIRE

Here they are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Thread your leader through the loop, just an inch or so, and double back on the last inch, holding the end and the main opart between two fingers. With the other hand slide the bead down off it's wire loop and onto the leader. Slide it up the leader to where you want to use it. The last inch of leader will be kinked where it was doubled over, so cut it off and tie on your fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

How do they work exactly? They look like float stops

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭whelzer

Kevin - just out of interest what type of fishing do you plan on doing with indicators? If river/lake trout would you not tie on a big bushy sedgy type dry - especially this time of year, stick a nymph/emerger under it. Two pronged attack......

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭KevinEIRE

Zzippy wrote: »
    Thread your leader through the loop, just an inch or so, and double back on the last inch, holding the end and the main opart between two fingers. With the other hand slide the bead down off it's wire loop and onto the leader. Slide it up the leader to where you want to use it. The last inch of leader will be kinked where it was doubled over, so cut it off and tie on your fly.
    Thank you! That sounds perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement