Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoTab 7" / Nova Launcher

Options
  • 17-07-2014 6:27pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got the GoTab 7" tablet recently and have been trying to tidy it up a little. I don't like the way there are four homescreens - I only need one! I thought the likes of Nova Launcher would address this but it appears not to allow me disable additional screens. Am I not using it correctly, would anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

In Nova settings select Desktop then Homescreens, then hold and drag unwanted screens up to the X (delete) that appears when you hold a screen this will delete a screen (first move any apps to the screen you want to keep). That's how it works om my phone presume it's the same for your tablet

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

pauleoin wrote: »
    In Nova settings select Desktop then Homescreens, then hold and drag unwanted screens up to the X (delete) that appears when you hold a screen this will delete a screen (first move any apps to the screen you want to keep). That's how it works om my phone presume it's the same for your tablet

Tried that earlier. Dragging it into the X does absolutely nothing and there are no apps on the screen :/

What version of android is it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What version of android is it?

4.2.2 with no option to check for updates. GoTab say that if it's not showing an update check, than there is no update available.

That method works for me on 4.2.2.
    Have you tried pinching the screen to see if it will let you delete them that way, if not you may get an answer over on the XDA forums.

• Advertisement

That method works for me on 4.2.2.
    Have you tried pinching the screen to see if it will let you delete them that way, if not you may get an answer over on the XDA forums.

Yeah, no luck. The screens move, the X appears but when you move it over the screen nothing happens and leaving it go just goes back to it's original position. You can also move them around and there is a green tick on one of the screens.

Will try on XDA forum.

Advertisement