Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment status

Options
  • 17-07-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,
    I wonder if anyone could advise me on the following:
    I was self-employed at a company for 3 years and then employed by them for 1 year. During the 4 years I directly reported to the MD and had a direct report who was an employee of the company. I invoiced on a monthly basis the same amount and my phone, uniform and expenses were paid for by the company. I have recently been made redundant with no entitlement to redundancy as my employment was less than 2 years however I have been advised that my previous 3 years could be deemed as 'employed' if I were to take it up with the social protection dept - this would entitle me to job seekers benefit however I have also been advised that as an individual I may incur extra prsi costs than what I already paid on my self-employed returns for the 3 years if my status is deemed employed please note all my taxes are up to date but I would have thought the company would be liable for any extra costs not the individual - has anyone experience of this or can anyone advise on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

For employment law purposes you would be deemed an Employee. For Tax purposes you should seek advise from Revenue.

Advertisement