Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure watch, replace or?

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I recently purchased a house, I haven't moved in yet but I am in the process of checking everything that needs to be done/fixed up. The house currently has a HKC secure watch alarm. The house is what I would call partially wired as their are 3 PIR sensors wired downstairs and nothing else. There are no sensors at the window or door etc and nothing wired for them. I had my friend who is an electrician look at it and he said it would be extremely messy to wire all the windows and door etc. So I would like advice as to what my options are as I would like to have my house properly secured.

Could people give me advice and recommendations please? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You could be better off replacing it with a newer alarm and add some wireless shocks/contacts of the windows and doors.

You should get a professional installer out to have a look anyway, it might look messy to a sparks but to a good installer (who isn't afraid to cable a house) would be able to hide the cables very neatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Thanks Fred, will see who are recommended locally and I will give them a call

Advertisement