Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed Killer

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for some advise on weed killer please. Have a section at the bottom of the garden that i need to kill off in in order to put some stones down. I am looking for a good weed killer to rid the area of nettles, brambles etc that are growing and out of a tree stumb etc. Any advice appareciated please and thanks.

Rafa

Comments

RAFA B wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for some advise on weed killer please. Have a section at the bottom of the garden that i need to kill off in in order to put some stones down. I am looking for a good weed killer to rid the area of nettles, brambles etc that are growing and out of a tree stumb etc. Any advice appareciated please and thanks.

Rafa

Glyphosate weed killer if you want to kill everything eg Gallop or Roundup. Buy it in your local Co-op, Hardware store or Garden Centre. Follow the directions on the pack. You will need a sprayer of some kind. Wear clothing that covers all your skin and a mask.

Brushwood will kill nettles and brambles without killing grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

They nearly all have the same main ingredient, so it doesn't matter too much which brand you use.
    How large an area must you treat?

If your brambles are a fair-sized thicket, you'll have to get yours hand dirty in removing them - whether they're dead or alive - so it might be as good to run over the area with a strimmers and lay a good thick layer of fabric on the ground. 2-3 layers of weed suppressant, coupled with the stones on top, should prevent any weeds emerging from the soil.

Advertisement