Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes stolen from campsite

Options
  • 17-07-2014 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

I spotted a post on Facebook this morning that a number of bikes had been stolen from a caravan park. It is so easy for anyone to hop on a bike and cycle away that it would be a good idea to have them locked onto the bike carrier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Good idea. Often though a campsite would be a happy place for a burglar picking up bits and pieces that aren't secured. Never heard of an instance but better safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

db wrote: »
    I spotted a post on Facebook this morning that a number of bikes had been stolen from a caravan park. It is so easy for anyone to hop on a bike and cycle away that it would be a good idea to have them locked onto the bike carrier.
    I use two locks when my bike is on the bike carrier: one lock for the frame and back wheel and the second for the front wheel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 white van man pyh90tm

a few years ago we were camping in cornwall in england, my mate aid don't worry about our stuff, it's a safe place/ next day i noticed some things were missing. to cut a long story short on the morning we were going i needed to pee real bad so decided to pee in some bushes near by and in the bushes i found all my stuff stashed along with stuff stolen from other people.
    so i took my goods first then called the cops who lay in wait for the thief to show up, which they did. lol

Advertisement