Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Wedding

Options
  • 17-07-2014 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I know it's probably been written about before but I am getting married in 3 months in New York - just the 2 of us. We only decided last week. I booked flights and hotel - but that's it. I know I get the licence over there and am ok on legalities but I have no dress, hairdresser or any idea on where to go for an afternoon cocktail afterwards or place to book for dinner.

I'm looking for a short dress - nothing too expensive. Just lace dress - might go Monsoon or Coast route.

Anybody any tips or ideas for hair or place to go for dinner/drinks?

Anybody married in NY recently?

We're staying in Fitzpatrick's Grand Central.

Any help would be great - only 3 months!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

OK, not being married and having spent a long time in NY, the dress can be bought in NYC there are literally thousands of places.

Depending on what you would like to do; why not hire out a nice restuarant for the afternoon/cocktails. If you are staying in Fitzpatricks why not ask them for some assistance. I know many hotel managers in New York and they have (unlike here) the ability to know practically everything available within the area and know many people personally to get things done. I am sure they would be only too delighted to assist you. Do not be shy about asking them, they are there to assist guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pinkilicious

We got married in NY last year. Also stayed in Fitzpatrick's. I had hair/make up artist come to hotel but there are places close by. Are you going to have ceremony at City Hall? We had afternoon tea in the Plaza which was fab and later drinks reception and dinner in Fitzpatrick's (we had 11 people in total though). PM me if you want any other info! So exciting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I heartily second speaking to the hotel concierge about hair, makeup, food and drinks.

As for dress, is vintage or secondhand out?

Ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bellabear2014

Hi, i am doing the same thing. I have alot of research done into it. I am away until Monday so this will be briefish! I have organised a hairdresser/makeup artist to come to my hotel that morning. Car, photographer etc booked. Meal that night booked in a fab restaurant wth views of nyc I will send u a pm tomorrow with more details.
    you can get most of your legal paper work done online three weeks before u go so when u go to the clerks office the wait time will be very little. If u pm me your email address i can send all this on to you it may be easier.
    any look with the dress i too am looking for a tea length lace dress. Finding it hard as i don't want too spend an arm and a leg on it. Don't have time to go running around nyc for either. So exciting what date are u getting married. are you getting married in central park?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Hi, I got married in NY 3 years ago now.
    I organised hair and makeup people to our hotel (if you want any contact details pm me)

We had about 30 people/got married in Central Park/had reception in the Royalton Hotel. but there are PLENTY of really nice places that if it was just the two of you, and as people have said, ask the hotel for their recommendations.

Also had a short 50s style dress that I got here in Dublin, in a vintage boutique (which cost less than my shoes BTW lol) and I loved it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement