Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grove Road - Finglas

Options
  • 16-07-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Looking at at house in Grove Road in Finglas. I noticed there is a large wasteland behind the rear garden, not sure what the plans are for that at present.

Doing some research tonight I see that 3 houses immediately adjoining the house that is for sale have been sold in the last 2-3 years.

I'm not sure if these issues are related or if there is some other issues at play but if anyone has ANY local knowledge I would be very grateful if you could post or PM me.

Thanks in advance

Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I can see what you mean.
    It's been a while since I've been down that way, but are you sure it is wasteland?
    There is some old industrial unit behind those houses that was accessible via a lane that ran parallel to Sycamore Road. Perhaps that is just derelict now?
    I thought that lanes were blocked off.

It might be just coincidence that those houses were sold within couple of yeras - expecially as it looks like one purchase for two of them.

This lad http://votemcauliffe.com/ lives just around the corner and would give you the low down I'd say.

It's a grand spot but damn that is some hefty hike of asking price compared to those 2011/2012 sales :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Looking at the satellite, its quite strange how a large industrial unit is plonked in the middle of a housing area. How was planning granted for that? :)https://www.google.ie/maps/place/36+Grove+Rd,+Finglas+East,+Dublin+11/@53.3929838,-6.2879729,6523m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x48670dfbe10ca31f:0x2aa0a4d05fff9f58

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Zamboni wrote: »
    It's a grand spot but damn that is some hefty hike of asking price compared to those 2011/2012 sales :eek:

Yep - I agree Zamb...prices defnitely seem to be in bubble territory around there....thanks for the advice.

Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jimmi

We're looking in that area and viewed that gaff. It's not worth the colour of the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Hi Jiimi - yep I have come to the same conclusion myself that for what you're getting the asking price is off the wall, you could sink a lot of money into it and still have a house the size of an average apartment so I think I'll leave it at that :mad:

Roy

• Advertisement
Advertisement