Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law graduate

Options
  • 16-07-2014 10:38pm

Of course it's absolutely useless in this sphere but I had to do something after the LC. Anyway I found an interest in computers. I did the ECDL (piece of piss) lately and back in 2002 I did the MOUS exams (now called MOS I believe).

Anyway I know they're mickey mouse things but where should I start if I want to pursue a career in IT? From looking at the forum this CompTIA A+ thing seems to be decent so since I'm between jobs I might be able to do it for free with FAS.

But like where does a simple Humanities graduate go for IT career guidance. I've been looking at this forum and all I see are meaningless (to me that is) abbreviations.

I really am out of my comfort zone here. Thanks for any help (that's if a mod doesn't step in and savage me!) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

Its over a month since you posted on here so you may have decided what to do since then.

Question is what area of IT are you interested? Hardware? Software? Networking? Programming? Project Management?

http://www.globalknowledge.ie/certifications/

The site above will give you an idea of the different certs you could go for. But all depends on what you are interested in from an IT point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

You need to think outside the box! Why not gain some practical experience in computing, In an area that interests you, while studying the legal side of computing: digital rights, and the whole legal aspect of computing. Could make you a handy person to have in a place like Google, Facebook or a whole range of companies who require legal counsel on all things digital.
    Just an idea!

Advertisement