Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Land Rover parts

Options
  • 16-07-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi, does anyone have any idea of prices for Land Rover parts? I'll be selling some for a friend soon, and I'd like some idea of what price to ask. The parts are for a Defender Tdi SWB, early 90s I think. The parts include front wings, bonnet, sills, bulkhead and gearbox. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

There's always lads selling bits on the 4xforum (link in my sig)

TBH, those bits won't be worth a great deal and the gearbox worthless if it has the usual mainshaft wear of an LT77.

Bulkhead might be worth a bit if rust free but they rarely are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aa_

Thanks guys. Sean, do you have any rough idea of what the body parts and bulkhead might be worth, assuming they're in average condition? There's a good chance the gearbox is knackered, as the engine was sound, and there must be some reason it was scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

The mainshaft splines and transfer box input gear splines wearing out through lack of lubrication leaving you with no drive is usually what kills them. Later boxes don't have the problem.

Sort of money I'd pay if I needed bits (I don't!)
    Good straight bonnet €50
    Wings €30 ea
    Sound bulkhead €75 - 100

Have you sold the engine out of it, good tdi's are always in demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aa_

Thanks Sean, I'll go with that. No, the engine is gone, I think it was scrapped mostly for the engine.

Advertisement