Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Scotch Whisky?

Options
  • 16-07-2014 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Without getting too carried away with special editions and rarities what is your favourite Scotch Whisky blend or malt.

In no particular order mine would be

1. Highland Park 12yrs - love the peppery notes, a real treasuse at a good price.
    2. Johnny Walker Black label 12 yrs (my go to whisky when abroad, seems to be everywhere, nice peat on the recent bottling)
    3. Springbank 18 yrs. - definitely a dirty water element to this that for some reason I adore, one for the winter evenings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Laphroaig 10
    Glenfiddich 12
    Glenmorangie 10
    Ardbeg 10

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've only ever tried Laphroaig 10, Johnny Walker Black and Teachers. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Balvenie Doublewood is just marvellous, smooth sweet, it's far too easy to empty a whole bottle with the help of a few friends in the winter time.

I also have a whole lot of love for Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, for the lovely dark colour and the wonderful port taste/smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Lagavulin 16 or Ardbeg Corryvreckan, maybe. I'm not sure, though, as there are so many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

The Balvenie Single Barrel 12 year old single malt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Ardbeg
    Laphroaig
    Caol Ila (a bit different)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lagavulin 16
    GlenDronach 15 (if you havnt tried this - get on it asap)
    Laphroaig QC

(In no particular order)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I love so many a few that really stand out are

Bowmore 18 Year Old, and also the 15 year old "darkest" that they have/had
    Highland park 12 year old is excellent and if i had to give a non whisky drinker and dram to convert them this may be it
    Glenlivet 18 year old - sweetness personified
    Auchentoshen(sp) 3 wood
    Balvenie double wood.

There are loads of great choices though.

Advertisement