Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Exams

Options
  • 16-07-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I graduated in 2012 with an Honours Degree in Business & Accounting.When i left it was very hard to get work.I decided to gain work experience and started a job some time later.The job itself had little accounting aspects to it as it was based in the insurance sector.I was working there up until last week.I got trained up + all had passed all the relevant exams and gained the APA(Authorised Product Advisor).I am now in a situation where i want to go down the accounting route, however, it has been 2 years since really doing any accounting work. I was looking at the ACCA site & i have a few exemptions from the finance/accounting degree. I am looking at jobs at the moment for a graduate role but i'm afraid that my accounting knowledge would be a bit rusty if i did manage to get a job.Should i go over my college notes from 2 years ago and then start looking?Should i apply for the ACCA exams and start studying straight away without an accounting job or what is the best option.Also, how expensive are the exams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Start applying for trainee accountant roles and in the meantime apply to ACCA and get your registration and exemptions sorted.
    You will be set to start exams this Dec and hopefully have moved into a relevant position.

Advertisement