Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500-600 pc build

Options
  • 16-07-2014 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Laptop just died so doing some research online I want to build my own pc rather than buy another laptop, which I don't have much luck with. Preferably I would like to start off with a cheapish system that would be upgradable in the future.

1. What is your budget? 500-600 preferably under 600 but if needed I'll go a little above

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer"? Gaming, minecraft, football manager, battlefield, internet use, photography use, photoshop and Lightroom.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes but I read can be got cheap off reddit, so with more looking into that , that could be the way to go

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Have my hard drive and ram out of my laptop, not sure if these would be compatible or even work still, have the DVD drive out of my laptop too, think the ram is integral 4 gb ddr3-1066, DVD drive is hitachi-lg gt30n, hard drive is toshiba hdd2j14 250gb, not even sure if I got the descriptions right.

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080, I'll be buying my hd monitor separate, I'll be using my hd TV for the moment

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Will need the wireless card as I won't be near the router, it's downstairs I'll set up upstairs, I'll get speakers, mouse and keyboard separate

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Laser or PayPal

9. When are you purchasing? Within ten days if I can get my head around it all by then

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin, I'm going to try build it myself, watched some YouTube videos, with a bit of planning I should be ok

I'm pretty dumb to most techie talk so excuse me if I ask dumb questions
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement