Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping - Lough Derg

Options
  • 16-07-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi All.
    Me and a few Friends are thinking of going camping for a night maybe 2. We are living in Nenagh Co. Tipperary and Limerick. We are hoping to launch a Jetski so a slip or a somewhere we could reverse the trailer into the water close by would be great. We are going to have a few drinks and a BBQ. We would rather some where that's quite. I was looking at the likes of Rossmore Harbour I know it used to be very quite but I had a look on google maps and I could not see a place to put up tents.
    Cheers in advance people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭patspost

At the jetty area there is no grass to pitch a tent on, so you would have to go into a field, not sure how viable that is with cattle & permission.

Terryglass would be another option, but busier or portumna.

Let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

patspost wrote: »
    At the jetty area there is no grass to pitch a tent on, so you would have to go into a field, not sure how viable that is with cattle & permission.

Terryglass would be another option, but busier or portumna.

Let us know how you got on.
    Cheers taught as much from google.
    Yeah may try Terryglass or the old harbor in portumna if the weather picks up a bit.
    Cheers

Advertisement