Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a wireless gsm alarm kit

Options
  • 16-07-2014 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, i currently have a wireless alarm kit which i installed in my house and the parents house since xmas but its giving a few problems since installed, not texting out sometimes and now the PIRs have stopped working, tried new batterys and uninstalling then reinstalling, still wont work. Also the batterys never seem to last long in any of the sensors. The kits were bought online and have no name on them. Was wondering if any of you have any good recommendations on a new system. Was looking at the HKC quantum 70. Kit i would need would be the panel, 2 door sensors, 3 PIRs, smoke alarm and probably a panic button for bedroom. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, i currently have a wireless alarm kit which i installed in my house and the parents house since xmas but its giving a few problems since installed, not texting out sometimes and now the PIRs have stopped working, tried new batterys and uninstalling then reinstalling, still wont work. Also the batterys never seem to last long in any of the sensors. The kits were bought online and have no name on them. Was wondering if any of you have any good recommendations on a new system. Was looking at the HKC quantum 70. Kit i would need would be the panel, 2 door sensors, 3 PIRs, smoke alarm and probably a panic button for bedroom. Thanks.

There is a comparison thread here.
    DIY kits are not worth the money.

Advertisement