Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks Redser. Bigger pots for tomatos worked a treat

Options
  • 16-07-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Got lots and lots of baby toms now since moving to 10" pots, probably too late but at least I will know for next year
    Peppers also loved bigger pots

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

:) Glad it worked out. Plenty time left if the plants are established. Picked my last few toms in early December last year!
    Take a few snaps and enter the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I start toms off individually in 2 inch pots in the propagator, then onto the south facing window in trays until I am ready to put them out into the pollytunnel under a frost fleece. I leave them in those pots until I feel it is time to put them out into the pollytunnel floor in large 20L pots with a handful of chicken manure. The roots would usually be well coming out the bottom of the 2 inch pots so I am very careful when potting on to the 20L pots. I have a tray under the pots to manage the water. I let them get to 5 trusses and then pinch out one leaf above that.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

Here's an interesting vid on this topic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FWOjX89psI

Advertisement