Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help galaxy note 3 problem

Options
  • 15-07-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all. My Son spilt,water on my phone as it,was charging overnight . I dropped it in to Vodafone today but now IM worried,all my pics and videos of my baby will be gone forever. IM so devastated and is it too late to stop them. Is there any,way to save info? My phone just won't charge up now it's dead. Feeling sick.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Did you back them up to Google photos? I have my note 3 set to back up any picture I take immediately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

taylor999 wrote: »
    Hi all. My Son spilt,water on my phone as it,was charging overnight . I dropped it in to Vodafone today but now IM worried,all my pics and videos of my baby will be gone forever. IM so devastated and is it too late to stop them. Is there any,way to save info? My phone just won't charge up now it's dead. Feeling sick.
    Depending on where you chose as your default save location there's a chance all the photographs are on the memory card, if they are on the phone memory you are done for unfortunately because the first thing they will try is factory reset and a firmware update or flashing the device which will completely wipe the internal memory.
    I know it's not your fault but if you brought your phone somewhere where they actually have a clue and an interest in their job they would have advised you about backing up your personal data.
    Vodafone are infamous for their lack of customer care, I went into a store with an unlocking issue before and after explaining everything, the lady handed me a yellow sticky note with 1747 written in it.
    All may not be lost though because they will probably remove the memory card so if your stuff is on there you'll be ok.
    Hope everything works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Log in to your Google account on a PC and check to see if your photos are there. Don't suppose you had Dropbox installed on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

i dont want to be getting your hopes up - but depending on what way your phone was set up - you may be able to get your photos back.

there are 3 places to store your images when they are taken.

1 - on the device
    2 - on the sd card
    3 - on googles cloud

if yours is set up for number 1 - then you are probably out of luck.
    with the other 2 - you should be able to retrieve with little difficulty.

my note 3 was covered in water - went dead - then came back to life a day later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I take it you didnt try the rice trick?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

daytob wrote: »
    I take it you didnt try the rice trick?
    Ya I heard that's great, you leave it in a zip lock bag with dried rice in the hotpress and eventually an Asian will come and fix your phone.

Advertisement