Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network changing?

Options
  • 15-07-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Recently got myself a moto g from the UK. Unlocked it and all OK but for the fact it keep s changing networks.
    I'm on 3 IRL but it keeps changing to 3 which results on me only getting a 2g signal and a roaming signal.. I have to keep going into select networks and picking my original network. Anyone have any ideas why this happens or even why I have two 3 networks ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three have their own 3G masts but use vodafones 2G to fill in the gaps. Your phone is auto switching between the two when 3G becomes weak.

Lock it to WCDMA mode only and itll only connect to threes masts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Was thinking it was something like that but why then does it not auto switch back to wdcma when in a good area? Saying this cos my previous phone (desire s) would switch from one to the other in low/high signal area's...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Should do, but the "fickleness" of the basebands of the two may be different. Checking for other cells uses power so you dont want your phone changing too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Found a workaround

Enter *#*#4636#*#* in your phone.
    Goto phone information
    Change preferred network type to gsm/CDMA auto.
    Now it auto switches for me so I don't have to manually select the 3g network.

Advertisement